Health Office EMR Accelerator
All Choice Learning Simulations include Managed Software.
Health Office EMR Accelerator Training Topics
1 ) Messaging and Tasks – Internal messaging and task assigning can produce permanent notes on the medical record for the patient and assign tasks to a specific health care provider or group to be completed.
2 ) Registration – Management of patient information including address, health card, clinical notes, next of kin, insurance details, care plan and more.
3 ) Scheduling – Create and manage patient appointments, reason for appointment, billing codes, location/room, and outstanding patient related tasks. Manage cancellations, no shows, and waitlists to maximize practice revenue.
4) Billing – For every patient appointment, apply codes for completed services to be billed to public provincial healthcare or to private billing parties. The fee amounts are updated in real time alongside industry updates as they happen.
5) Documents – Review and add patient documents including reports from other providers, radiological reports, lab results, and any other incoming health data from external sources.
6) Medical Records – Medical history, diagnoses, medications, treatment plans, immunization records, allergies, radiological reports, lab results, creating and renewing prescriptions.
7) Cumulative Patient Profile – A patient profile is updated to account for factors such as: ongoing health conditions, past medical and surgical history, family history, allergies and adverse reactions, medication summary, risk factors, and medical alerts and special needs.
8) Prescriptions – The EMR tools help produce accurate prescriptions. The FDA database is updated in real time alongside industry updates as they happen. The system will allow you to demonstrate contraindications, adverse event reporting, patient allergies, and safe dose verification.
9) Patient Forms and Patient Messaging – An intake form is created by the student and submitted to a patient via email.
10) Third Party Billing Simulation – Using TELUS eClaims, students can add insurance information, submit claims, and receive an explanation of benefits.
11) Medical Transcription – Transcribing voice-recorded reports that have been dictated on a patient.